Closer each and everyday!

Shakespeare's Worst Nightmare

no, i've not, but i have witnessed several deaths

Snow wrote:
Yes.

Ahaha true for everyone! But I like to be a little more positive..lol... :D

Actually, I have been really close to death a few times (most car-related) but there was one terrifying moment I can remember in particular.

A few years ago, my family and I took our SUV into the Adirondacks to go hiking in the mountains. Anyone who has ever been driving in the Appalachians or Adirondacks or any mountain range in the northeastern US knows how scary the roads can be. Well, we found ourselves on one of those really terrifying, steep, narrow mountain roads with a huge mountain wall on one side and a sheer drop on the other - with nothing but a flimsy guardrail on the edge of the road. Technically, the road was labelled as a two-lane road, but it had a weight limit and did NOT look wide enough for two lanes.

So my dad, who was driving, was going extremely slowly and cautiously when suddenly another car came SPEEDING from the other direction. We had nowhere to swerve because if we had, we would have driven off the side of the cliff. The car saw us and slammed on its brakes, so luckily we were not driven off the side of the mountain. But the driver was trying to get by us and his car was HUGE (go figure). We just managed to get by him and off the scary road without getting killed, but my heart stopped at least twice during that experience...

A Storyteller in the House

(My experience of death when i was 16) ,I will not go for the detail cause it's long story,something like false heart attack and the blood will stop pumping through your hole body and if you are not waking up in 30 second you are goner,well i try it with some of my friend and barely made it out alive(crazy i know!!!! :roll: )when i get the heart attack,well at that time i was in a tunnel and at the end of this tunnel there was a door that shining with bright light,when i almost reach the end and about to open the door,my friends woke me up with their punches and it is funny that some of them were running away cause i was out of the world for 25 sec :) well after i woke up i wasn't able to think about anything i didn't know where i was or who are these people around me and i started to punch them for 5 or 10 sec,then my head hurts like hell and well it is hard to believe but i see all of my life in my mind for about 10 sec and then i remembered everything.
after that incident i never try anything stupid like that :lol:

A Dreamweaver at the Loom

so they say but I can't really recall anything, I was ten years old and someone during one surgery I was into, made some mistakes....trying to do a favor to this world by eliminating me

A Bard and a Trickster

Wow, some amazing stories in here. I was near death just yesterday (March 21, 2011) I was in school and I had to catch the bus before they left. I ran so fast and actually made it on and was sitting down in the chair. The last thing I remember was my heavy breathing and everything faded to black. It felt like I fell asleep for a long time and I even dreamed of bright colors such as pink, blue, and bits of white light. When I came to, I found myself on the floor of the bus and the bus driver was asking me if I was all right. Then and there I knew what happened to me. I had a heart attack from all the running and was revived by my implanted defibrillator which shocked me twice. I got up myself and the school nurse took me back inside the school where my brother picked me up. While on the floor, I guess I scraped my two knees and my face with the small gravel inside the bus. I didn't go to school today (too tired :o ) and I feel like it never happened. The doctor said if it wasn't for my defib, I wouldn't be here right now and I would've died on the spot.

Last edited by Victor on 23 Oct 2011, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

A Talespinner in the Ring

Overdosed on sleeping pills in November... got a week in the psych ward for that stunt :|

bennerman wrote:
Overdosed on sleeping pills in November... got a week in the psych ward for that stunt :|

Did they taste good? :|

- Generation Kill

The Beatles <3

AddressUnknown wrote:
bennerman wrote:

Did they taste good? :|

no... and they were gray coming back up

Dream Illusionist

One more day counting down...................................

Snow wrote:
Yes.

agree with this. eventually every living things get closer to death every day. and it's kinda ironic when someone wishing you a long live when the fact on each birthdays we get closer to death XD

/pessimistic

Dream Illusionist

:D Well that's the price we pay for living my friend!

my wish is when i die, i could say " at least it was great while it lasts " then die peacefully

Well, I almost choked on candy once :|

gone mad with the night
That's how you reshape destiny"

Dream Illusionist

I fell of my horse onto my back and it hurt real bad and at 11 it felt like I was dying, but otherwise:

Still counting down............ :shock:

Rumormonger

It reminds me a story: Once a man saw the death looking at him angrily. Then he decided to run. Suppose something like taking a flight from Helsinki to Tokio. Then suddenly found death in front of him. Cries like "What the...? How did you get me?". Then the death says:"I was wondering how it's possible to take your life in (For example) Tokio while you're in Helsinki? You answered me, now..." :idea:

When I was about 13-15 years old I once had a near death experience. I was going to play on my old Amiga I had, going to plug in the cord to power it up. I didn't notice some of the insulation was gone, so when I plugged it in, I got a massive electrical shock... My dad came to see me as I cried, but apparently I was alright not long after, and for some reason we didn't go to the hospital, even though we should have. My parents say it was because I had a good heart I was saved. :)

Only when I look back upon it I know it was a near-death experience. In the moment I was just shocked (no pun intended) that it happened to me, but when I recall it could've been fatal.

CrimsonCat wrote:
Well, I almost choked on candy once :|

I almost choked on cucumber. I just put a big piece of cucumber on my mouth and tried to flip it over. I gulped and couldn't get it out of my mouth! I was little scared. :shock:
I patted my mom on back as I wanted to say: "Look at me! I'm choking!" Fortunately I managad to get the cucumber out all by myself. Phew..
At least I learned that don't take too big pieces in life if you can't swallow them too. :D

Dream Illusionist

razor wrote:
It reminds me a story: Once a man saw the death looking at him angrily. Then he decided to run. Suppose something like taking a flight from Helsinki to Tokio. Then suddenly found death in front of him. Cries like "What the...? How did you get me?". Then the death says:"I was wondering how it's possible to take your life in (For example) Tokio while you're in Helsinki? You answered me, now..." :idea:

Interesting..........so the gist of the story is you can't cheat death? :(

Again, here I am getting older an older......why is there no handsome vampire guy to come along and make me immortal? Only in the movies you might say.....hey, I rule nothing out!

Vic if you come on here, I'm very happy you're better! :)

"I had a dream of my wife, she was dead, but it was alright." - Max Payne

My head broken when I was 10 :( So scary, my arm .... full of blood I saved myself with my telephone 8) I'm ok till then
Sometime I go mad, not coz my wound, coz of PotF's song, I guess.......

I've had a few....

The most recent one was last May long weekend....Carbon Monoxide Poisoning...

Oh yes.. really close to death many times.. nut saved too..! :|

Location: Tarlac, Philippines Where all new wonders will appear...
Actually I've been on three accidents. All were serious and it scared everyone.

Story no. 1: When I was six years old I was in a children's play area where everything was padded in foam and stuff like that. Me and my siblings would play there because it was known for it's safety. One day I was in some sort of foamy block thing (Don't know what you call it, but it's a large square cube that kids can go under on because there are mouse holes on it and it's really fun going in there. Hope that made sense.) And I was on top of it. I was walking near the corner and I accidentally slipped, fell and broke my arm. I was rushed to the ER and they gave me surgery. When I woke up, I was really drowsy and couldn't eat or drink. (Learned that the hard way. I puked when I sipped a little orange juice. :lol: ) Oh, and the children's play area was closed after that. :(

Story No. 2: I was fifteen years old and me and my Brother were playing rough outside. It would usually revolve around play fighting but sometimes it would get too rough. And it did when I latched onto my Brother's back and he started to push me into the fence (Which, regrettably, had some thin metal poles sticking out on top.) And it hit my head. We stopped immediately after that and thought that everything was fine. Until I combed my hair with my fingers and saw blood on my finger tips. Everyone was frantic and we told the story to our Mother and it turned out the sharp metal poles were covered in rust. So, it was possible that I had rust poisoning in my blood. After that is procedure, really. Went to Doctor, got a lot of shots and was bed-ridden for one whole day.

Finally, story No. 3: I was still fifteen years old and one morning a stray puppy was found near our house. My Mother said that we can keep it if it has no owner. So my Mother sent some people to ask around if they're missing a puppy. Meanwhile I was watching over it since we already have five puppies and two of them weren't happy with the new pup. One of them, Cheryl, attacked the new pup and I tried to break it off since instinct got the best of me. During the crossfire, I got bitten by Cheryl in my right hand pointer finger and thumb. It was a few scratches but that wasn't the scary part: Nearly all the Doctors who treated rabies shots were on holiday since it was December. We looked all morning until we found one. (And we travelled quite a distance, too!) Thankfully, he was able to cure me! Oh, yeah. And also the puppy has an owner and when he came to our house we gave her back to him.

So, yeah. I'm probably accident prone. But I'm still here, thank goodness! I'm just glad to be alive and enjoy life after that! Hopefully I won't have to come back to this thread to tell new stories. :lol:

Well yes... I was in a hospital and i was dying.. not joking :P I was really dying.. I remember i was falling asleep and no one can wakes me up.. I knew they where there and they where trying to make me get up but i did't have the strenght.. also i remember some weird dreams like i wash't alive anymore...very freaky :P

Argie Ivy wrote:
Well yes... I was in a hospital and i was dying.. not joking :P I was really dying.. I remember i was falling asleep and no one can wakes me up.. I knew they where there and they where trying to make me get up but i did't have the strenght.. also i remember some weird dreams like i wash't alive anymore...very freaky :P

oh god...sorry for that... this must be horrible.....

Dennis79 wrote:
Argie Ivy wrote:

oh god...sorry for that... this must be horrible.....

It was but luckily i'm a person full with positive energy :)
Besides i'm ok now so :)

That Voice Again

Yeah... i was 2 and my mom was unpacking stuff from the car and i was playing with my grandparents dog (Siberian Husky) and we had been going in and out of the house and one time coming in the door shut on her tail so she lunged at me biting and snarling, sad luck is she hit me with enough force after that first few bites she couldn't reach me... my mom pulled her back and she jumped towards me again so my mom kick her out and saw me. Lil while late after an ER visit i had over 100 stitches on my face some of the bites had gone clean through my cheek and i could push my tongue all the way through.

>.< I like dogs and i have 3

'Nothing is beautiful and true.”
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

I realise this is an incredibly long post, so here's the synopsis: Almost drowned, didn't.

when i was a kid, 10 i think, my family and i were on holiday, playing cricket (with a tennis ball so it would float) on the beach, because we're English, when my dad hit the ball quite far into the sea...

now, I'm a lot more competitive than is good for me so obviously i rush into the sea as fast as i can to retrieve the ball... didn't notice the strength of the tide, i was taken at least 150 meters before i even noticed my parents shouting, now, i don't know if you've ever swam 150 meters against the tide, but it's fucking agony, especially for a 10 year old.

I didn't know how close i was getting to the shore, my eyes were closed because the salt water was stinging like a bitch, i just gave my all, hoping I'd hit the sand any second. I didn't. I gave up. I was done, out of energy, i couldn't go on... so, i sank.

It's true what they say, about life flashing before your eyes and seeing the light, though i put that down to the anoxia. i only sank about 5 feet when i felt my feet hit the floor, as i realised i wasn't far at all from the surface, i thought to myself "i must only be a few yards from the shore...!" pushed myself from the surface and made any form of spasm that would propel me to the sure.

When i made it i just collapsed to my knees on the sand to see my family and a lifeguard charging down the beach, just after the nick of time... the moment i realised just how competitive i was was when i looked down again to see the tennis ball still firmly grasped in my right hand.

This Selfish War Machine

Yes. When I was sixteen, I witnessed a murder. And two years ago I had a NDE. Both experiences are still kinda difficult to talk about. As far as the near death experience, the thing I can say is that death has added so much meaning to my life. :) Everyday is a struggle but I'm still here and I'm extremely happy and grateful that I've been given another chance at life.