Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Jack-Smoking-Fingers-in-a-Box

Flyra wrote:
I want to see 9! Even though it's said not to be the greatest movie, I guess it's worth a shot, and at least Tim Burton has his hands somewhere on it, so why not. :)
I thought 9 was great :wink: Fabulous design, seriously pure gold, and the story is good in my opinion as well. I don't really care for Elijah Wood, but it was a great movie even if he was in it :D

If you like that odd and weird beauty of Tim Burton films, you should definitely check this one out as well.

Shakespeare's Worst Nightmare

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1

Can't wait to see that, I have watched every Harry Potter so far in movie theatre :D

gone mad with the night
That's how you reshape destiny"

A Bard and a Trickster

Darkness_of_Heart wrote:
I thought 9 was great :wink: Fabulous design, seriously pure gold, and the story is good in my opinion as well. I don't really care for Elijah Wood, but it was a great movie even if he was in it :D

If you like that odd and weird beauty of Tim Burton films, you should definitely check this one out as well.

Oh, that's nice to hear <3 I've heard several opinions of it, and most were like "umm, a bit strange", but then once again I consider my liking in movies rather odd anyway. So, I'm pretty sure this'll definitely be a movie for me. I'm hoping to get it on DVD for my birthday. :)
Yeah Elijah Wood, hearing his voice in the 9 trailer always made me go like "WTF? Frodo?" xD I'll see how it will be in the movie, hopefully I won't see 9 as a naive but somewhat cute hobbit wallowing in self-pity, every time I hear him speak.
Oh, I simply just ADORE Tim Burton. So, this movie will totally be watched!

Dream Illusionist

How many more Harry Potter films are there?? :shock:

Oh right two.........yes.......the last is broken in two......so the big fight won't be till next year.........Hey does anyone know if Luna will be in it? I really love her! She is my favorite character (Harry should have gone for her instead of Jenny, but oh well)! So yes I will see it after watching these for 10 years. 10. Years.

UNSTOPABLE! Yes! This one is out this weekend and Denzel Washington and Chris Pine and some trains! Oh who cares about the trains! Right...........well seems one is carrying some kind of explosives so they have to stop it before it kills some school kids and blows up a town or something......but who cares! Denzel and Chris in a movie together! :D

A Bard and a Trickster

Snow wrote:
(Harry should have gone for her instead of Jenny, but oh well)

It's Ginny. :)
However, I don't think there'll be much of Luna in the last movies... As far as I remember it from the book (it's been a long time since I read it x: ) there's most of the time just Harry, Ron and Hermione wandering around and yadda... Damn, another series I must read again, it's been too long, I barely remember anything!
However, I've been a fan of Harry Potter for a long time as well, will definitely need to see these two movies, too. :)

A Talespinner in the Ring

Again V For Vendetta

IlaydaEfe

I Love Ilayda,You're My Mona ♥

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Definitely yes! :)

Dream Illusionist

Well everyone is seeing Harry Potter, but I'm not surprised. It's a good series, well written, and of course, those of us who have watched all the movies (probably even more so for those of you who have seen it) get used to the characters and after so many years want to see how it ends. Well, back to those who have read the books, you know that answer, but maybe it's more like how will they film the end?

All I know is I was promised there would be more of Luna in it.......well I might be disappointed. I became quite attached to her.

But that's ok since Ralph Fiennes will be in it a lot more from what I understand which is always a bonus and I like Helena Bonham Carter and Jason Issacs, so not a total loss there :wink: . I do love Alan Rickman, but not as Snape. I can't seem to like him as Snape. I loved him in Sense & Sensibility, really loved him in Die Hard (one of the best baddies ever!) and Galaxy Quest, so why don't I love him in HP? Odd.

The Next 3 Days......two words.....Russell Crowe

Maybe Burlesque......not sure.......I love Christina Aguilera and Cam Gingadet and Cher (even if she looks like The Joker now), but I don't care for musicals. Eh, maybe to hear Christina :wink: .

Faster..........oh well yeah, I know but The Rock and Billy Bob Thornton.....can't pass it up!

It's funny, I have a hug list of movies to see, but I don't really feel like watching them. Lately I haven't been very excited about anything coming out.

Would it be derailing the thread if we talked about things we would like to see made into movies? Like favorite books, tv shows, video games?

Dream Illusionist

Phantom-Seraph wrote:
It's funny, I have a hug list of movies to see, but I don't really feel like watching them. Lately I haven't been very excited about anything coming out.

Would it be derailing the thread if we talked about things we would like to see made into movies? Like favorite books, tv shows, video games?

Go for it!!!!!!!!!! :D

I don't care where this thread goes!

Maybe you can make it more interesting :wink:

Sucker Punch!

Yay!
I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I would love to see the Chronicles of Prydain book series made into epic live-action movies.
Disney made the second book in the series, The Black Cauldron into a cartoon in the 80's, but it combined was pretty different from the books.

A Confidante of the Kindred

I was just thinking the other day how much I wanted to read this certain book I read as a kid. Then, seeing this topic made me think that someone could make a really good movie out of it.

The Book? A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L'Engle. 8)

Dream Illusionist

I read a really good book lately that I would LOVE to see made into a movie! It's called Feed. A really great suspensful zombie flick and when one of the main characters dies, the author explains in detail, through narration, what is happening inside the person's head as she slowly turns and what the person who is watching her turn feels and sees! Awesome book!

Someone started a thread on a good death or which death would you choose? Well hell, the worst would be to turn into a zombie! It would be awful to lose your mind slowly and know what you would be doing next! :shock:

Well hope that story cheered everyone up a bit!

Now I am looking forward to movies coining out to dvd! Next week is 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice"! I am psyched for that one! A few others before Christmas for presents!! :D

Dream Illusionist

New list:

The Fighter

The Black Swan (although I can forget about it till dvd.....not in my area thanks a lot studio who made it!)

True Grit (oh this is gonna be good!)

Season of The Witch

The Green Hornet

Back later with more..........

Jack-Smoking-Fingers-in-a-Box

I'm only truly waiting for Rango. Looks damn sweet, a bit burtonesque even, so should be great.

In the mean time I could entertain myself with:
The Black Swan (Natalie Portman is just so damn great)
Green Lantern (if for nothing else then for Sheldon's Green Lantern lantern :D And Ryan Reynolds is a funny man)
Priest (There's a bad man with a very nice hat, that's good enough reason for me)
Cowboys and Aliens (my two favorite classes, and it has 13 as well!)
The Three Musketeers (it has Mads and Christoph Waltz, ergo it can't be too bad to not see)

Trailers that really didn't come off as films I'd like to see:
The Green Hornet (all flash, no substance, and even Waltz didn't seem that great this time)
Thor (even Natalie can't save this one)
PotC: On Stranger Tides (oh, how low have then fallen from the first one...)

Not certain:
Tangled (possibly, though it doesn't come off as anything spectacular)
Sucker Punch (another iffy one, need to see another trailer first)
Kung Fu Panda 2 (a proper trailer would be nice to see)
X-Men: First Class (could turn out into anything at this point)
Cars 2 (I see no point in making it, but Michael Caine is always a pleasure to listen to)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (though the teaser didn't promise anything better than the 2nd one delivered)

A Confidante of the Kindred

I can tell you that Tangled was brilliantly written and hilarious! :D Black Swan was really good, too. I don't expect an Oscar nod, but Natalie should get at least a nod for a Golden Globe nomination.

As for films I want to see, I'm REALLY looking forward to The King's Speech, which I'm going to see with a friend on Monday.

A True Poet of Them All

Everything directed by Hayao Miyazaki... Gotta visit the video renting some day..... :twisted:

Dream Illusionist

The Mechanic

Cowboys and Aliens

Green Lantern

Priest

The Rite

The Three Musketeers

Thor

POTC

Sucker Punch

X-Men First Class

Transformers 3

The Room Mate

The Eagle

I Am Number 4

Unknown

Drive Angry 3D

The Adjustment Bureau

And more............ :wink:

Requiem for a dream

because of Jared Leto. :lol:

A Monger of Omens

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

This is said to be the Uber-movie of Splatter-Comedy-Horror films just like Severance. But it's not being aired somewhere around here at the moment. Nearest cinema airing it would be 200km away. :|

POTFwall___POTFmedia___POTFquiz___POTFbar

Alphawolf wrote:
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

This is said to be the Uber-movie of Splatter-Comedy-Horror films just like Severance. But it's not being aired somewhere around here at the moment. Nearest cinema airing it would be 200km away. :|

I second that. Same here.

Movie seems to be hilarious though. I like the trashy, self-ironic horror-comedy stuff that hit the big screen in the past few years (Severance, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland), so I'm sure to give this one a shot if I get the chance.

I don't care. I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Dream Illusionist

@Alph and @Cavalorn

I will have to look up this Tucker and Dale vs Evil..........is it independent? If it is I will most likely not get it here, but I can look for it when it comes out on dvd :wink:

Zombieland is one of my very most favorite movies EVER! :D Now I am watching it tonight! Watch Woody kick zombie ass, as only he can do!

A Monger of Omens

Snow wrote:
@Alph and @Cavalorn

I will have to look up this Tucker and Dale vs Evil..........is it independent? If it is I will most likely not get it here, but I can look for it when it comes out on dvd :wink:

Yeah, it's independent, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in Fall 2010 in the US, and since then became more and more popular. Premiered on Feb 2011 in Germany, but obviously not nationwide.

When you love Zombieland, be sure to also check out Severance and, of course, Tucker & Dale vs Evil. Also Doghouse was pure fun when I watched it back in 2010 with friends. Danny Dyer. <3 :wink:

Snow, do you happen to have a Twinkie? *puppy eyes*

Cavalorn, where are you located in Germany?

POTFwall___POTFmedia___POTFquiz___POTFbar

I should go watch Tangled someday, when I have time.

gone mad with the night
That's how you reshape destiny"

I Hear The Words They Will Not Speak

Black Swan

Other than its interesting story,it is suggested by some very special guys! :mrgreen: :roll:

A Bard and a Trickster

over_maybe wrote:
Black Swan

Other than its interesting story,it is suggested by some very special guys! :mrgreen: :roll:

Ditto! :D

Dream Illusionist

Alphawolf wrote:

When you love Zombieland, be sure to also check out Severance and, of course, Tucker & Dale vs Evil. Also Doghouse was pure fun when I watched it back in 2010 with friends. Danny Dyer. <3 :wink:

Snow, do you happen to have a Twinkie? *puppy eyes*

Check this Alph! We were watching Severance Thursday night (I hadn't seen this message yet so :shock: ) and dang if we didn't get some big storm and our Direct TV lost the satellite feed!!!!!! Right in the damn middle of the movie!!!! :evil: I was so enjoying that one! So I am checking with our local Red Box to see if they have it, but we have Showtime for another couple of months (free thingy) and I an checking for it. It's wicked fun! I was like "Don't do this to me you stupid a$$ storm!" But it didn't listen....... :? But I am seeing the rest soon!

You mean a package of "Los Submarinos"? :wink: (Ouch puppy eyes? OMG! Was the on purpose??? :D )

How about a Snow Ball :wink: They are so much better! :D

Ok Doghouse got it! AWESOME you guys thanks!!

Hey have you guys seen all the Sam Raimi movies? Nope, not that piece of Hollywood babble, Drag Me To Hell, the cool B ones, Evil Deads and Army of Darkness?

Also he produced The Messengers (Kristen Stewart a while back) which is fun, but no gore :wink:

Priest is coming out soon and he made that one as well.........looks uber hot!

Drive Angry 3D in Big D

Those who like in your face kick a$$ movies with Nic Cage and yes, duh, the girl is considered hot, don't care for that BUT this girl kicks all kinds of a$$ better than Angelina (ppppppffffftttt lousy) but not as good as Milla (duh) but she's young and this could be an awesome thing for her to do!

Don't expect anything but stuff flying everywhere, everything blows up, quippy lines which William Fichtner delivers with perfect timing. (I mean this guy is in EVERYTHING! He can move about like a chameleon!)

3D uneccessary but really, it wasn't bad 3D, like the trailer from the new Pirates looked! Really the Pirates movie looks like they cut all the characters out of cardboard, put silver lining around them and pasted them into a basic 3D set. What? That's not what I expect from JB, but who knows?

I wanna go on that Drive Angry ride again! :twisted:

A True Poet of Them All

Snow wrote:
Drive Angry 3D

It looks like only me from us three (me, you, Oli) didn't see this movie yet :| I want!

Snow wrote:
quippy lines which William Fichtner delivers with perfect timing. (I mean this guy is in EVERYTHING! He can move about like a chameleon!)

He is on my the best actors list and placed first :D Just great in every movie or tv-show!

Alphawolf wrote:

So, I hail from the deep South of Germany. I looked up theatres that would show "Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil" some days ago, and the nearest city for me would be "Stuttgart". Which is too bad, because that is not really an option for me.

Baden-Württemberg, um genau zu sein. (Ich komme aber ursprünglich aus Berlin.)

@ Snow:
Glad you enjoyed Severance, too bad you did not get to watch it till the end!

I don't care. I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Dream Illusionist

Cavalorn wrote:
@ Snow:
Glad you enjoyed Severance, too bad you did not get to watch it till the end!

But guess what's so awesome? They are showing again on Showtime tonight and I am dvring it!!!!!!!!!! :D Score!

@Mahoniara

I know but see I can't make it to see the movie with you guys :( . But see it and let me know, k? :wink:

For sure! Fichtner is AWESOME! :wink:

Thor

Sucker Punch

Captain America

and so on and so forth :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next