Do you see yourself as a dedicated and loyal Poets of the Fall fan?
Do you think they have made a difference in your life, one way or another?
Would you have missed something really special if you didn't love their music?
Do you have an amazing story or a nice little piece of memory you would like to share with the other fans and the world?
Do you just simply love them like no other band?
If you answered "yes
" to any of these questions, keep on reading!
We are in search of fan stories we could use in a Poets of the Fall project.
We can't tell you exactly what it is, yet, but you will hear more about it soon. But we can assure you: you're gonna love it and you really really want to be a part of it.
So, here's what we are looking for:
* Stories related to Poets of the Fall and YOU as a fan. The story needs to be somehow special, but also true. Did you find the love of your life on the Poets forum? Did you meet your best friend in a club while waiting for the band to perform? Did you get your spirits up by a Poets song on a rainy day?
* Photos. These aren't a must, but they would be a good bonus to go with your story. It can be just you in the photo, or you and some band members, or an item or a place related to the story. The photo should be of good quality. But, you don't have to worry about this too much just yet. We can discuss this further if your story gets chosen.
* We are considering the use of fan-made drawings, paintings & poetry inspired by the band's music. You can send these too! Just remember that although we have seen some great ones, we aren't in need of wallpapers, banners or other computer/website -related stuff. Also, we can't really use any audio- or videofiles. Just stuff that can be printed.
If your story or work is included in the final project, this is what you get as a reward:
* Your artwork or photos published in the project that's totally about your favourite band - and you! It can be published with your real name or an alias, you get to decide.
* Pride & glory!
* T-shirts, cds and/or something Really Special.
Sounds good? Here's what you need to do:
* Write your story, scan your artwork, make sure your photo looks good, whatever you need to do. If you have more than one good story, we want them all! Please use English or Finnish in your story.
* Write us an email with everything attached, plus the following info: your full name (will not be published anywhere without your permission), contact info, age & location. You can also put in some additional notes about you or your work if you think it's necessary. NOTE! If you need to send us big files, put them on the web and send us the link instead. Or, at least send them in a separate email.
* The deadline for the entries is the end of this year (2008). Easy to remember!
* Send your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please use this email only for sending your entries, or if you need further instructions. Check the band's website for other contact information: http://www.poetsofthefall.com/contact/
* Everything you send us will be strictly confidential. If your entry is chosen for the final project, we will contact you by email, and discuss the details with you. In any case, we will not give out your name, email or other information under any circumstances.
Remember: HAVE FUN with this and don't take it too seriously!
The Project Team