The guy in the box is a robot fortune-teller, and the signs on either side of him that flash display different tarot cards, including The Star, 9 of Swords, 8 of Cups, Ace of Wands, Knight of Swords, The Magician, The Hierophant, and Strength, which is misspelled as "Strenght" (could be an accident). The girl, by the way, is using American coins.
Maybe you tarot fans out there could fit the meanings of the cards to the story. I don't know tarot all that well.
Reno, I hope this helps:
- speaks of peace, calm and hope. Perfect faith. Unity of thought and spirit. The mechanisms of heaven are working perfectly and that everything happens in its proper time. Know that the cycle of nature are true and natural and that after a hard time, a better time will follow.
9 of Swords
- In time of trials, reach out and get the conform and wisdom you need. Its near at hand. But for whatever reason, you are working through it alone. Reach out and allow someone to guide and conform you.
8 of Cups
- You dallied with desires and fancies that kept you distracted from your path, from doing what you know you must. Its time to turn away from the shallow comforts and forge ahead.
Ace of Wands
- Gift of will, of inspiration, of action, of passion, of courage. The start of all ideas and projects. Connections to the higher planes and focus of will, and the ability to achieve goals.
Knight of Swords
- Ready for action. Focused and committed. Know exactly what you want to do and precisely how you are going to do it. Your goal is in sight.
- Aware of the laws of cause and effect, actions and consequences. Power of his will, Aware of the importance of his choices. Focusing will, controls the elemental power which are his tools. By learning to control his will and the elements, he can accomplish that which he chooses. Discipline and responsibility.
- Symbol of humankind’s greatest achievements of understanding the physical and spiritual worlds. Marvelous accomplishments of humankind and the great resources of knowledge that is available to us. Use that knowledge to create with usefulness and beauty. Do not disdain tradition out of hand but see the wonderful things it has to offer. Make sure all beliefs and practices make sense to your own heart and mind before you make them part of your life.
- Reminds you that you have more strength, power and courage than you realize. Learn to live easily with these gifts and use them when appropriate. Do not let your strength or baser desire control you. Conversely, do not deny your own power.