A Bard and a Trickster

I think that ages have passed since my last visit here....i was too depressed to come here...after some of the conversations i ve made with some of new....i realized they are not...how shall i put this ..true poets...and that made me angry and even more depressed than i usually am...and i decided to get away from all these for some time...

You know its really weird when you log on to a site,to a forum...when you are part and fan of a band so special...so dark,depress.black,melancholy special...and you realize after a conversation or two...that these people..not all of them of course...are..how shall i put it...you know only looking forward..with no sense of whats happening to the world around you....they are just some people..who like that ...simple but dark band called poets of the fall..they are here on the forum..but nothing more than that...its just music that they like to hear...not feeling or knowing anything if you know what i mean.....

Anyway i decided to return cause i really owe this much to the poets...and here i am after having purchased from the official web shop some cd's of the poets and some clothes writing this topic....

For the ones of you who wonder what this topic is about..i tell you that in a way its about us...and the poets..its about our lives and theirs..about our own personal everyday stories and momments and about poets who are there..with us...at those momments through their music....

I always listen to the poets...i never thought i could find a band that will describe me to the fullest through their music and i did...but lately i tend to listen even more...the new album helped....but i could really use some...darker u know music...something more ..allow me to say unique music...something like carnival of rust...i dont want to offend the new album ..twilight theater..on the contrary its a great album...after all i have offended in the past the previous album...revolution roulete on another topic...i thought and think its not as dark as a poet should be ...but thats another story..my point is that if i wanted to offend something i would say it..i really need another carnival of rust song and ..God...yes God another carnival of rust video...its obvious Marko can act and damn pretty bloody good..so why you made the dreaming wide awake video..just ok?? i thought i think that the dreaming wide awake video should have been something bettween death heaven hell and lost souls...not about a man..running here and there and Marko just sing at a great tall building with icy rocks..

Anyway ...i just wanted to share all these thoughts...i read this topic and even me didnt make a sense of what i said..so i dare you to prove me stupid from not understanding what i myself write...

We are all alone..in the end..noone is there...at least the poets are...to company me in my solitute ...

Just thank you Poets from the bottom of my heart thank you for being there to me to us to each and every one of us in our own unique way through your music...

A new album is oout..i guess we wait for a new video or videos i am sure that the song who refers to the twilight theater phrase will be made a video clip...so i am looking forward to that...

Everyone have great wonderfull lives...and dont forget to love...everything everyone in your lives...poets proved that..they love us and they prove it through their music to us..

i was searching for a band like poets of the fall all my life..and now i finally found it..let's all of us be as true to ourselves,to others,to our hearts as possible.in the end all is love,poetry,music..let music be our salvation

Jack-Smoking-Fingers-in-a-Box

Sorry to hear that you are so depressed, just don't fall in! I'm sure that many of of have been through such period of their lives and know exactly how you feel. I would advise you to try changing something in your life or do anything to avoid depression. I know how hard looks from your point of view, I've been in the same dark hole and know what is the whole world to seem collapsing on you. Just every time you feel worse repeat to yourself that this isn't the real life you gonna live. If you cannot find someone special to pull you up (very few find one), just have the patience and know that time heals everything if you let it. Try to cheer up, dying to live! Good speed on your journey up!
Black wrote:
i thought i think that the dreaming wide awake video should have been something bettween death heaven hell and lost souls...

Actually, it does if you look more deeply (or just read director's commentary in the topic)

A Monger of Omens

Black, I used to understand your feelings, but I have one thing to add: Being a Poet doesn't neccessarily mean to be "dark" (as you put it) or melancholic. It's an errand thought to connect the one with the other. Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted. With all the melancholy in Poets' lyrics, they're still an allegory of hope in the end IMO.

Hope you're doing better soon. *hug*

POTFwall___POTFmedia___POTFquiz___POTFbar

Moderator of Souls

Why are there so many depressed people on this forum? :shock:

Dream Illusionist

It's because of the somber background colour.

Moderator of Souls

Hanswurscht wrote:

True, in the whity forum times we were jumping hand in hand over green fields and chasing butterflies.

Dream Illusionist

Sascha wrote:
Hanswurscht wrote:

True, in the whity forum times we were jumping hand in hand over green fields and chasing butterflies.

I think I wasn't yet a member back then.

A Bard and a Trickster

i read your replies..and i really have to answer to each and every one of you...but first
a big thank you for your replies..and your time spending on reading my topic...

The fact is ...something you did not understand that i am not dippressed...i feel alive...i feel along with this blackness and i really like that...its just some things..that i would like to have..which i dont..its really complicated..and i am not going to analyze it any further..sorry...

as for the video clip of dreaming wide awake..yes its clear about soul passing by and death...but i dont mean that...i mean..that it could actually..be ..it could be a video clip...with the following scenes..scenario..at least this is whats in my head when i hear the song....yes someone who lost his her love...and that lost one (Marko) with his make up ..and a weird creepy face dressing up like a ghost..or death himself or something like..doing his staff ...u know.. a beautiful melancholic creepy video clip...something similar to the carnival of rust as for the colours and the fickle images :D .....

As for the u who said that being depressed and a poet is not similar...i didnt say that...i just said..that you cannot understand the blackness...the emptyness and the fullness of the lyrics..if you dont know that blackness....if you just listen to the melody doesnt mean that you listen to the music...and i didnt asy that being a poets is being depressed ...on the contrary ..being a poet is to be free to be whoever you want you to be...even if you are happy or depressed or sad or anything..if you listen..if you read...if you feel..if you understand...you are a poet..

once again thank you for your postsi dont want to comment anything more and write again a really large reply...take care all of yoube true to your hearts to yourselves and mostly to the people you love...

Blck...

i was searching for a band like poets of the fall all my life..and now i finally found it..let's all of us be as true to ourselves,to others,to our hearts as possible.in the end all is love,poetry,music..let music be our salvation

Shakespeare's Worst Nightmare

Black wrote:
You know its really weird when you log on to a site,to a forum...when you are part and fan of a band so special...so dark,depress.black,melancholy special...and you realize after a conversation or two...that these people..not all of them of course...are..how shall i put it...you know only looking forward..with no sense of whats happening to the world around you....they are just some people..who like that ...simple but dark band called poets of the fall..they are here on the forum..but nothing more than that...its just music that they like to hear...not feeling or knowing anything if you know what i mean.....

First of all, I wouldn't describe POTF as just a 'dark, depressive (if that's what you meant by depress) band. In my opinion, they have an excellent balance between 'black and white', if you might. True, they have some deeply melancholic songs, but melancholy doesn't necessarily have to be a 'dark' thing. They have said in various occasions that whatever Marko meant when he wrote a song, isn't the one and only meaning of said song; that every listener is free to interpret and adapt the lyrics and music to their own experience, and therefore, create their own meaning. If the image you have of POTF is a 'dark' one, that's good. It's your interpretation, but you can't expect every other fan of the band to be the same. That's called diversity, and it's a great thing.

Bottom line is, each of us feels Poets of the Fall in our own unique way, we don't have to be 'dark' to feel deep and strong emotions when we listen to their music. So please, think about what you wrote a little more.

Black wrote:
...i just said..that you cannot understand the blackness...the emptyness and the fullness of the lyrics..if you dont know that blackness....if you just listen to the melody doesnt mean that you listen to the music...

I had to read about 10 times to understand that bit, and for what I've gathered you're saying we need to understand a 'blackness' (whatever that is) in order to understand and appreciate the lyrics. And that we don't understand that 'blackness'.

First, you have to define 'blackness'.

Second. I'm sorry, but that comment is highly ignorant. You can't define the paremeters to interpret and understand someone else's lyrics.

A Bard and a Trickster

if you cannot understand what "blackness" is ..then you should just not care about it...its just a word for you..second thats one of the greatest thing about poets...everyone is free to interpit anything in its own unique way...

a little tip my friend...but that doesnt mean that there is ONE original interpetation..the one that marko things feels write and sing...which is that you should try a little harder to understand it and find it....

and last but not least..yes i believe that there are a really few poets..a true ones among all the others if you want...that can truly understand what poets is all about...
in the mean time we are just..all of us..here in this forum...and talking through these topics...if we are going to make history all of us together its something we need to find out...

anyway i dont want this topic..this special..topic of mine..to become a topic of conversation and negotiation and question....and i refuse to answer any other and more comments who do not have a direct link to the meaning of my topic for the reasons i said before...so...thank you all of you who send me personal messages..and thank you all of you who read this topic...both of you..those who understand it those who dont..

Have all of you wonderful lives...
cheers..

Black wrote:
if you cannot understand what "blackness" is ..then you should just not care about it...its just a word for you..second thats one of the greatest thing about poets...everyone is free to interpit anything in its own unique way...

You're contradicting yourself, there.

Black wrote:
a little tip my friend...but that doesnt mean that there is ONE original interpetation..the one that marko things feels write and sing...which is that you should try a little harder to understand it and find it....

Excuse me. What? I really don't understand you.

Black wrote:
anyway i dont want this topic..this special..topic of mine..to become a topic of conversation and negotiation and question....

Oh well, if you posted a thread in a forum, expect discussion. That's what forums are for.

Black wrote:
and i refuse to answer any other and more comments who do not have a direct link to the meaning of my topic for the reasons i said before...

Ok. Your choice. But all the replies have a 'link' to the original post. :roll:

A Bard and a Trickster

Mr. Black, I think that the problem here is that it's not just about Poets' music, you actually percive the world in a very different way than most people.

-Erik

A Talespinner in the Ring

Everyone is different don't forget. You can view things in a way nobody else can see.

A Bard and a Trickster

"Everyone is different don't forget. You can view things in a way nobody else can see."

Exactly that..and i just hope to be able to find other people too,among you..that can understand what i say and feel pretty much about how i feel...in the end though its just wishful thinking...

A Bard and a Trickster

Firefly wrote:
Everyone is different don't forget. You can view things in a way nobody else can see.

that remember me so much to The Sixth Sense "I see dead people"

@black: I also see as nobody can, since I incorporate the primary chaos, and I'm not sure how do you fell the blackness, also i have diferent kinds of blackness accord to me I've made a monologe about the darkness a time ago, you should do some like that so your thought have a way to express to other people in a poetic or filosofical way

A Bard and a Trickster

Must say that CoR is also my favorite cos of its, well, "blackness" or that what think is "blackess".

It just seems to me, that you expect others to understand youself and your somehow better (that's what I understood) and deeper view of Poets' music. It seems to me, that we should not listen to any else band apart from Poets, or at least it makes us bad people or fans. Myself, I do listen to pretty much Poets only, but you're asking pretty much, I think. Besides, listening to another band makes you see, how good Poets really are.

On the other hand you don't seem to understand other people's view, or at least don't want to, cos they aren't as good and deep and appreciative as yours.

Correct me, if I'm wrong :?

A Bard and a Trickster

carousel you are not wrong...or at least you are right at most part.......but its a little more coplicated than i just dont want to accept other people's opinions...but thats a whole diferent story..
as for you alka..i see your point ...and i thought of it also in the past...but its just not right thing for me to do....to analyze this blackness to ...lets just say some that cannot..not understand it ..but feel ..if someone cannot feel the black ness i cannot make him feel it...and what is more i dont want to discuss about it ..because he she simply doesnt understand about what i am saying...

someone else who post a reply here...writes...why is there so many depressed people here...i answer him...why isnt people who cannot see and feel the facts and just do something about it...like being depressed about it...even this is a reaction to those facts...

A Bard and a Trickster

-Erik

A Confidante of the Kindred

I don't call it blackness, I call it the darkness. It's been with me for so many years, it's like an old sweater that I just can't throw away. It's what makes me feel alone when I know I am not. It drains my spirit, but yet I know that without it, I wouldn't have seen or felt the things that make me appreciate the times of joy even more. Without it I know my sense of compassion would be greatly diminished. I know pain, solitude, and sorrow, and I know self-hatred. These are all old companions I can't shake, so I use them to know patience, tolerance, sympathy and kindness. Gratitude is important, as well.

The Poets' music doesn't make me feel anything negative like that, though. Even though some songs are sad, I've felt nothing but joy, or at least a wonderful sense of comfort. It was this music that helped me to break past the darkness and crack the dam that had walled up my creative spirit. Now free, I cannot look back at my time without a sense of loss, at how much time I wasted in self-pity, but then again, I was too numb to realize what was happening.

I feel that frustration at others' lack of understanding is a waste of time. Some will get it, some won't, and there will always be those who will know it better than you. So there's no need to fret or worry about what others feel or think. Let it go. Enjoy what you have here.

A Bard and a Trickster

Darkness, Evil and Chaos that's the Triangle Philosophy of my life

Erikcq wrote:

I agree. :|

A Bard and a Trickster

i cannot say much about you "the artist"..u really got it...you really know what i am talking about ..and thats kinda of relief you know....to be able to find people like you here....because as you said...some people..although they are here...they dont get it....

as for the blackness-darkness thing...i have my reasons for why i am calling it blackness ...even you ...i bet now that you will understand it one day....
but apart from all these ...you are ....i am really happy to be able to find someone like you ...someone that is able to understand....

so ....its really nice

thanks for your reply...

A Bard and a Trickster

Black wrote:
as for the blackness-darkness thing...i have my reasons for why i am calling it blackness ...even you ...i bet now that you will understand it one day....

I thought it was just a language matter :oops: , I think all of us see the mirror but a few, see the image on the mirror with slighty differences,

A Confidante of the Kindred

Black wrote:

thanks for your reply...

No problem. :P

Dream Illusionist

I search for all kinds of people with all kinds of view points. Life is a learning process for me and the only way I can keep it interesting is to open my mind to other people's thoughts and opinions. I don't expect that of anyone else. I actually expect nothing from anyone.

As far as POTF music, well, since I have discovered it I rarely listen to other music I have. All their songs are so special that one day I might find something new in one of their songs that I didn't find before or I find the song to be sad one day and happy the next and I have never felt that way about any other band's music.

Blackness, darkness is always present in life. I don't avoid it but it is not present in my life often. I love it in movies, songs and other art forms but I love light, romance and just plain feeling good more.

A Bard and a Trickster

thank you for your truly beautiful reply snow.....i understand and i know completely how you feel...
with the poets....all are new and same...all are black and shiny white...you have i have they have nothing to fear :D

Dream Illusionist

Thank you

A Monger of Omens

http://www.poetsofthefall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3169&p=274848#p274848

:roll:

War on all sides

A Bard and a Trickster

Sarrek why did you post that link to my entirely different topic....are you trying to do something???? are you trying to get on my nerves...that was another topic...this is another topic.....from your simple link i understand that you dont get what i say at all...and by posting this link to this topic....you clearly show to all...that you are just so small...and stupid...and you probaply dont understand a thing...because if you were...you wouldnt try to spoil..all these beautiful feelings we have and we posted on this topic....so thank you for pointing out that you are mindless.....