A True Poet of Them All

It's here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_hewSrAH4

A Talespinner in the Ring

Not bad, though IMHO it can't compare to the video for Dreaming Wide Awake.

Shakespeare's Worst Nightmare

Love this video! Haha, the rural town in the video reminds me a lot of where I used to live in upstate New York... Just miles and miles of woods, corn fields, dirt roads, and of course old men in flannel jackets. :shock:

Hmmmm..not bad...beautiful location...

So, now I'm sure I got the right meaning... :D

Rumormonger

Nice video, although, having the Alan Wake as this strong theme in the video may divide opinions in half.

For me, the whole Alan Wake theme is pretty ok, although, I haven't played the game itself. It doesn't irritate me nor make me go "Oh YEAH! ALAN WAKE WOOOOOO!". I may not get as much out of the video as may the ones who have played the game itself, but I still enjoyed watching it.

Video captured greatly the atmosphere of nature and the lightning in the video was just stunning at certain times (the campfire and the flare for example). Video had the cinematic touch, just like in DWA video, although this time it worked way better in my opinion.

I kind of wished the video to have more of the "WOAH!" factor, since, for me, War is that type of a song that just demands big, stunning effects to blow the viewers' minds out.

Also wished to see the rest of the crew, not just Marko.

Still... way better than DWA video in my opinion.

The Overseer

Mika wrote:

The whole band is there, watch closely... (Can you guess who the clown is?)

Mika wrote:
I kind of wished the video to have more of the "WOAH!" factor, since, for me, War is that type of a song that just demands big, stunning effects to blow the viewers' minds out.

And big and stunning effects also demand big and stunning budgets. Again, you have to remember that the guys mostly pay these things from their own pockets. It's harsh, but that's the way it goes. :)

Quillfiend of a Swordmaster

In to say it's a great video for a change and that it made sense even though I haven't played Alan Wake :) Well done!

EDIT: Just saw your registration date, Admin, happy forumversary :'D

Dream Illusionist

I loved the video! Ok I have been trying to play the game (which I don't really want to get into now :roll: ) and I thought it was genius to use a "real life" Alan Wake theme! I was expecting it since the song went with the game.....

Ok then Marko by the fire out in the woods was wicked awesome too! The pages of the novel burning in the fire.......one can create symbolism with that shot.....I did but it is my own. It had to be at night to add the the creepy side of Alan Wake (and since I love the night I was happy about that too) and Alan chasing his lovely wife forever looking for her since she was the most important and treasured thing in his life, very romantic.

What is funny is that someone said the band was not there? :D Ok well like a movie or a tv show sometimes you have to look closely at the actors or players :wink: .

The WHOA factor or WOW factor wasn't there for some and that is always going to be the way. I love it and I have already watched it 3 times in the last 15 mins but I stopped to come here and comment.

Each POTF vid is different and each one has special elements that I love. I suppose in my mind I separate them.....like War, Dream You Wide Awake and Diamonds For Tears are in my romantic vidoes category.

Love the video guys and it is gonna be BIG! :wink:

Rumormonger

POTF_Admin wrote:
Mika wrote:

The whole band is there, watch closely... (Can you guess who the clown is?)

Rewatched the video and actually found some familiar faces (on first watch I was only guessing that those guys might be the band members but wasn't sure at all) :mrgreen: Awfully short screen time for boys anyhow, but I guess that this way the storye was easier to tell in form of a video (might have been awkward if the whole band had been playing at the campfire instead of just Marko singing there) >:/

POTF_Admin wrote:
Mika wrote:

And big and stunning effects also demand big and stunning budgets. Again, you have to remember that the guys mostly pay these things from their own pockets. It harsh, but that's the way it goes. :)

Yeah, I know that, just had to say it out loud. And I guess that It doesn't help much that the music videos aren't really that profitable, at least as far as I know. Music videos are great for marketing but in the end very expensive [unless done with lowwwww budget].

A Herald in Our Midst

I love the video!.
I can hardly see the faces well. But I think I have an idea of who is who.

Quillfiend of a Swordmaster

Amazing video, really well done. :D

Love the atmosphere, really close to the game. I love the idea of Poets starring as the Taken :D

I also did not recognize anyone (except Olli at the beginning, cool artificial beard :lol:, don't know who's sitting next to him though *blush* Jani ? )

I also love that "someone special" from the game is being shown and I'm not talking about Alan or his wife. :wink:

Regarding the clown: I think it's Jaska, but I would not want to bet. :)

A True Poet of Them All

For me as the one who plays AW, this video is absolutely great 'cos it makes the game's world real. Ok, ok, not enough of the rest of the band but, after all, Marko is the one who speaks to us. And I love his look this time sooooo much! The whole thing looks like a semi-dream and reminds me of the last episode of the game. A lot of light, bright colours, the clicker and sudden darkness... with that crowd of Poe... ehm, the Taken guys... huh! 8) Where's my flashlight? :lol:

A Bard and a Trickster

Did someone notice that we can’t see Marko’s eyes clearly? He turns his head to us one time (or more?), but eyes are close at that moment(s?). When we see Marko from the front, bonfire lights only part of his face, and eyes remain in the shadows.

Last edited by Sir on 10 Jun 2010, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

A True Poet of Them All

Great video. I really love this forest and in general background. The make-up of guys is excellent, for the first time I saw Marko (of course) Jaska and Olli. I’ll must see it again and looking for the rest of the guys :wink:
LanaVdV wrote:
And I love his look this time sooooo much!

Me too, he looks so mysterious near this bonfire. I love his jacket 8)

Lights, colors, darkness – great.
The one thing I don’t like, it’s this killed animal, I’d prefer watch human there at least, because I love animals and it make me sick when I see it’s dead… :|

To sum up - really great job! :)

EDIT: I noticed Captain^^

Last edited by Mahoniara on 10 Jun 2010, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

I Hear The Words They Will Not Speak

With considering that i haven't played the game,I think it's an outstanding video,I'm sure i won't change my opinion even when played the game :) So..shouting out load:
Well done Boys! 8)

Love the video! :D I noticed all the guys except Jani or is he the one with the blue shirt? Or is he the clown...? (I think the clown reminds Pennywise with the balloons in the beginning.)

A Confidante of the Kindred

I loved it! Beautiful and eerie!

I don't play Alan Wake, but I love the video.
And again the guys stuck to a theme for the videos for an album. Marko as the "story-teller" and a story seen around that. Besides this totally works with the cinematic rock idea as the videos for Twilight Theater are more like movies than before. Just awesome.
Have to watch it 5th time now, I always see sth new, great! Too excited....

sirkka wrote:
Love the video! :D I noticed all the guys except Jani or is he the one with the blue shirt? Or is he the clown...? (I think the clown reminds Pennywise with the balloons in the beginning.)
I think Jani is the first of the men that we see surrounding Alan in the woods towards the end. Captain looks quite menacing :lol:

Love the video.
I think these latest two videos, dwa and war, have more similarities with each other than with the rest of previous potf video (a man living in a dream-like state of mind searching for his lost love... Marko singing the story as an 'external narrator'...)

It was quite obvious that the vid would have been related to AW, and I loved that they made a "live version" (and not used virtual scenes from the game). It's all very suggestive... the written pages that Alan finds...

aw, on the "I remember you with me on that field" I'd always imagined a similar field in my mind <3

What else? I like the way Marko is telling the story from near the fire, beautiful scene.. and i like his style too :wink:
And the rest of the Poets as threatening woodmen (is this the word?) are just awesome :D

No idea about who the clown is :?

*watches again*

"You music lovers, you dreamers, you sweet, beautiful children of the fall"

A True Poet of Them All

Lisa, woodmen! 8) *gives five* I'd prefer them to haunt Alan. They shouldn't just stand and wait for him to light...

I'll never look at woods the same way again - I'll expect POTF to arrive from nowhere in the dark :mrgreen:

"You music lovers, you dreamers, you sweet, beautiful children of the fall"

Indeed, this video was worth waiting for! I love it!

I didn’t play AW yet, so unfortunately I can’t comprehend all nuances of the plot and characters the guys play. I guess that there’s something more behind Marko’s role of a narrator, is there?… :?

I do like the contrasts of light and darkness, blur and the red colour, which intensifies the dramatic situation. I especially love the moment when Marko sits over the fire and we see the red light flashing beyond the mountains.

Lisa wrote:
aw, on the "I remember you with me on that field" I'd always imagined a similar field in my mind <3

Yeah, me too! :)

And the ending… (sob) What is that in Jaska’s bag? Is it…? :shock:

P.S. Oh, the guys are completely convincing playing evil creatures! :evil:

Lisa wrote:
I'll never look at woods the same way again - I'll expect POTF to arrive from nowhere in the dark :mrgreen:

Indeed! But I would not know if I would go "ahhhh" scared or "ahhhh" and hug them, even as evil creatures haha. Though I prefer the fire scene :-)

And by the way, I love the detail that when Alan Wake lights the red fire you can see it on the right side of the woods, when they show Marko sitting at the campfire, there is so much thought in these videos, amazing....

I guess I'll have to play Alan Wake to truly understand the video, but just on its own the video is great - even if you haven't played that game. :)

Lisa wrote:
sirkka wrote:

I think Jani is the first of the men that we see surrounding Alan in the woods towards the end. Captain looks quite menacing :lol:

Watched the video again and noticed the same that you did: Jani is the first man surrounding Alan.

A Dreamweaver at the Loom

Maybe the clown is our mysterious Admin. :mrgreen:

I thought the video was amazing. Then again, I've played the game and am a fan of it. :mrgreen:

I need a review for this clip, didn't get it :shock:

Of all POTF's clips I like Carnival Of Rust & Locking Up The Sun the most.

I love the guys in flannel shirts, wearing the yellow construction hats. Reminds me of my town...lol... I can guess that the first two guys we see in the pickup truck are Jaska and...Olli with a fake beard? :shock:

I thought the video was very well made and very epic! I loved how they used Ilkka Villi (the character model for the game) as Alan Wake. That really made it for me!

Again, like in Dreaming Wide Awake, I love having Marko as the "storyteller", and it was good to see the rest of the band in the video as well. I have yet to determine exactly which band member is which "Taken", but I'm working on it. But is it just me, or do you all kind of miss it when the whole band could be clearly represented in the videos. I'm not complaining (trust me, I don't mind looking at Marko for awhile :lol: ), but I kind of miss the old-style videos.

Another thing....what's up with the clown? Is it part of the game? I don't have an XBox, but I'm reading the novel. Does the clown play a part in the "Alan Wake" story?

Neither the less, the video was amazing! I couldn't stop watching it as soon as it was released. I thought it represented both the band and "Alan Wake" very well. I hope and pray that their association with the game gets their music heard to a greater audience, especially in the US! POTF never disappoints!